gracefully letting go:
most of you know how the last few months have been hard. i am grieving..yes i guess i am..over losing my colon and having to learn a whole new way of living. 6 weeks ago yesterday some of you know my daughter & son in law and my 4 grand babies have been living with us for the last month before moving to Florida they moved in almost the day i came home from the hospital..it was a busy time..with a capital B they left yesterday and it is still so sad. dakota graduated from high school nikki had just launched her t shirts company MOXIE right before i went in for surgery for weeks leading up to the surgery i was SICK..but kept pushing..in hind sight i shouldn't have i know you all know what i am saying...
we are so blessed by all of you. we are humbled that you let us create for you i wake up most days and can't even believe how much we have grown. we love it with a capital L. lots of capitals today i have been going back and forth over what to do with the shop i kept it open when i should have closed it. 6 weeks after major surgery most people are at home and not work my personality carries that weight of all the orders sitting there..getting later and later not good. letting go of this way of doing things is scary and hard but i believe best. ( those of you with orders know i am working as fast as this body can to get them to you..you have been so gracious)
there are new doors opening and i want to be able to walk through them without the burden of 75 orders you know?
this surgery will give me back my life. my business. God's business but i have to get to a place that the business is not controlling me i need to be controlling it i don't want to lose my JOY in using the gift God has given us alterations are necessary in real life aren't they?
so taking a cue from my friend becky i am making some changes in the way our shop runs
we are going to close the shop this friday june 7 and re-open june 28
here are the new alterations
- we will be open the last 10 days of every month. i will remind everyone through posts & IG
- if you follow us on insatgram we will be releasing our new signs that are ready to ship
- we will have 20 spots each month for custom signs..or any sign. it will be first come first serve
- we will release all our new signs on instagram. they will be ready to ship.
- from there the new releases will go into the shop and you will be able to order them when the shop re-opens.
this is what matters in the end:
- i have so many projects around my own home that i want to tackle.
- my house is a mess and i want to finish re-booting. i want to LOVE my home again!
- we have so many new signs we want to make and once caught up we will have time to make them
- i want to enjoy a simple summer. i don't want a bazillion orders hanging over my head and always stressed about it
i KNOW you all will understand i SPEND WAY to much time trying to DO so many things. the fight or flight feelings...i FIGHT everyday. i am really working on a way that is simple and one that works for ME. will you JOIN me...what is working for you? do you feel that pressure to fight or flight? how can we whittle down this crazy life and just simple enjoy it more? how can we go back to the old days..make them work within this technology crazed lifestyle...i have some ideas that i will be sharing soon.
- remember these curtains? be watching friday they will be up for sale! i have two pairs
sometimes there is only one answer... a leap of faith
our prototype - we are changing the frame to a "driftwood gray". we shared this last week on INSTAGRAM and got some wonderful ideas for wording on it. we chose the words
" i will NOT leave you as ORPHANS
it is so applicable to all of us. truly we are ALL orphans until we are adopted into God's family so..be watching for this in the shop. it will be a sign you can choose from to have made
love you all...praying a wednesday just FULL of sacred moments...but we have to look for them don't we?