good Monday morning everyone! Did your weekend go as fast as mine? If your family is anything like ours with the holiday approaching rapidly I might add…we all
know the dreaded family picture for the Christmas card is approaching. Trying to get everyone color coordignated and hairs just right a fussy kiddos while mom is running like a rabid dog
trying to get everyone and everything to look just well…perfect right?
Here are a few not professional tidbits that may help you multitask a photo shoot
What motivated me to kill a few birds with one stone is Dakota’s senior year
Nana needs updated pictures of the kids…like seriously..last I looked they were toddlers…and I am in need of the capturing Dakota and Grace for my mantle collage…
cause you wanna know why? I threw away all my pumpkins last night! I was sick of them…I am ready for a change and I love photo collages don’t you?
( now remember I don’t have little kiddos and the grand babies are in Florida so I didn’t traumatize anyone….he he)
here is what we did that worked for us…you can always tweek it for your family needs
(1) I knew I wanted the photos to compliment our home decor…colors and such. SO when choosing clothes keep that in mind.
(2) Often we don’t think of that and we have everybody in red and green and our color palette of our home is aqua and yellow
(3) If you have a special place you are wanting to do a wall collage like the examples below you might need to get shots with one child looking to the right and the other child looking to the left
( our inspiration for our mantle collage found here )
so when placed on the wall they are facing in…does that make sense? I will show you what I mean when we do our wall.
(4) PRE – PLAN…make a list on your ipad or phone when out shooting. Shots you want. When all is crazy you can always refer to your list. It can help keep the flow going.
(5) Be spontaneous! Nikki saw a few places as we were walking that she had the kids sit down and snapped a few.
(6) Snap away at the silliness too…the kids going crazy…people laughing VERY often those end up being my favorites!
(7) take an emergency bag filled with props, lipgloss, blush, scarves etc.
With our session yesterday we captured one scene for Dakota’s senior pictures. The outdoorsy field look. We are taking him this weekend to the West Bottoms down by where our shop used to be to capture the ugly pretty of the old buildings and then to the school and football field in his jersey for that look.
We also got one of Dakota and Grace alone that I am using above our fireplace in the collage we are putting together. Neither of them cooperated–sitting close to her brother was ewww and just a pain… still didn’t get one that I LOVED yet:/ The same pictures I am using of them individuality we are giving Nana AND we got some really nice pictures of Dakota’s girlfriend Elise.
Nikki and I were pretty darned pleased with the fiasco. We put on our big girl panties and asked a complete stranger to use their barn and land.
The weather was perfect…the light was golden… the sky a pretty blue.
**I want to show you in another post some before and after edits. Nikki has often been asked often about Graces eyes etc. No she does not change the color of Grace’s eyes at all:)
and yes..her eyelashes are obviously false..she loves wearing them for photo shoots…silly girl!
I would say we accomplished a lot in one photo session.
Hope these tips from our crazy little family help you in your upcoming photo antics.
If you have some tips we would sure love to hear them…always open to learn:)
and the WINNER of our Isaiah Christmas sign is…….#2 miss Jackie! I will be emailing you to get your address girlie…congratualtions;)
here is miss Jackie’s favorite Christmas memory…
Spending time with my family & celebrating the birth of our king! I love going to Christmas Eve service to worship & truly focus on the reason for the season.
yes…another GIVEAWAY coming
:::Here is a sneak peek at some sweet ruffled curtains I am giving away this week that my momma made!! so be on the lookout!:::
::::URGENT SHOP NEWS::::
We are closing the shop this Sunday–be sure to get your orders in. We will be painting our little fannies off and get everything shipped out by December 16..our last ship day!!
Use our coupon code Farmgirl for 15% off!!
Be on the lookout for a special promo code for our RE-OPENING in January that I will be sharing over at Thistlewood Farms on November 1st…..EEKKKK:))
my friend Becky is offering my friends 20% off this month…